Why the excitement?
- The interface is less cluttered.
- Larger images make it more visually rich.
- The experience is more consistent across devices.
- There’s more opportunity for contextually relevant content with a variety of feeds available.
- There are better ways to promote engaging content.
We are excited about how brands can feature in the new types of feeds (including interests, photo and video feeds).
Brands and individuals should care more about high quality images and video and should more consciously optimise content for graph search.
More commentary from the 2 Joshs…
Josh Constine – sneak peak video included – http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/07/hands-on-with-the-new-facebook-and-its-boredom-killing-feeds-tctv/
Josh Halliday – http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/mar/07/facebook-overhauls-news-feed-ads